Data Monitoring System (DMS)
Data traffic monitoring and measurement solution
The capacity to gather reliable and detailed data about the consumption of data, OTT and IP services forms an essential component of the modern regulator's toolbox. Data monitoring systems have already been developed for–and by–various industry players for commercial and management purposes, but Global Voice Group (GVG) is one of the first IT solution providers to have developed a solution specifically adapted to the needs of the governments and regulators that are concerned by the fiscal, regulatory, legal and security implications of IP convergence.
GVG's DMS solution provides the authorities with maximum visibility on data services, thus allowing them to monitor the latter and verify their compliance with the current or future rules regarding good governance. It also allows for the monitoring and control of the OTT services that offer substitutes to voice traffic, thus giving the operators the means to address this revenue-eroding situation in collaboration with relevant authorities (telecom regulator, government).
BENEFITS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF THE DMS:
- → Collects and analyzes the data-related KPIs
- → Monitors the QoS relating to the IP and data traffic
- → Enforces the policies and regulations relating to the IP and data traffic
- → Monitors the direct operator billing (DOB) of the OTT providers
- → Continually verifies the neutrality of the network